Olympian 1998, 2002, 2006
The Short List
- Member of the 2002 U.S. Olympic silver medal team
- Two-time Olympian (1998, 2002)
- First on Stars' all-time list for goals, points and game-winning goals
- Four-time National Hockey League All-Star
- Member of 1990 and 1993 U.S. National Teams
Did You Know?
- Nickname is Mo
- In summer of 2000, established Mike Modano Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising money to improve the quality of life and assist underprivileged children in the Dallas area
- Foundation, along with Reebok, donate eight seats for each Stars game to local charitable organizations so local youth can watch the Stars play
- Has participated in magazine photo shoots for Cosmopolitan, Mademoiselle and Marie Claire
- Won longest drive contest at a celebrity golf tournament in July 1998 with a 379-yard drive, defeating former Denver Broncos quarterback John Elway by 10 yards
- Has two dogs, Scout and Bella
- First job was at a lumber mill
- If has was stranded on desert island and given three things to take, he said he would bring Direct TV, friends and Ipaq
- Collects elephants
- Favorite television show is "Days of Our Lives"
It's Every Day
Modano likes to combine weight training with high intensity cardiovascular work in order to stay in shape. His focus is on a strong lower body: stomach, back and legs. His cardio activities consist of sprints, running stairs and bleachers. The work is designed to focus on short, explosive work that is needed in hockey.
Photo gallery: Olympic hockey player Mike Modano