classification: Grade IV
Rides in Grade IV competitions due to white matter lesions from periventricular ischemia causing motor control dysfunction, muscle weakness, and spasms on the right side of her body...She compensates for the loss of three planes of motion control in her ankle with an ankle foot orthosis (brace) and uses special rein stops for added rein control...With multiple top finishes in CPEDI3* competition in 2018, Shoemaker was named to her first FEI World Equestrian Games™ U.S. Para-Equestrian Dressage Team with Solitaer 40...In 2021, she swept the Grade IV classes and helped earn two Perrigo CPEDI3* team wins at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival.
- One-time Paralympian (2020); One-time Paralympic Medalist (1 bronze)
- Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020, bronze (team dressage), 6th (grade IV individual freestyle test), 7th (grade IV individual test)
- Most recent: 2018 – bronze (grade IV freestyle)
- Years of Participation: 2018
- Medals: 1 (1 bronze)
- Bronze – 2018 (grade IV freestyle)