Los Angeles, CA
Sport: Paralympic Judo
Height: 5' 0"
DOB: January 28, 1969
Current Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Tina started her judo career in 1979 at the Braille Institute in Los Angeles, California. She competed at the 1995 IBSA World Judo Championships and earned a silver medal in the 48 Kg category. These championships were the first to include women. Tina competes in regional and national tournaments to prepare herself for international events.
Currently, she teaches judo to children at the Mojica Judo Club four days per week and studies Gracie Jiu Jitsu six days week. Tina volunteers her spare time as an advocate for the blind specializing in guide dogs. She also enjoys reading and listening to music.
Major Judo Awards:
- 2015 IBSA World Games Team Member
- 2015 Gold Medal – Senior National Championships for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- 2014 IBSA World Team Member
- 2014 Gold Medal – Senior National Championships for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- 2013 IBSA Pan American Championships Team Member