Richland High School (Richland, Wash.) ‘99 University of Washington ‘03, Communications
Daughter of Jeffrey Solo and Judy Burnett...Has two brothers, David and Marcus, and one sister, Teresa...In 2012, married Jerramy Stevens, a retired NFL tight end and fellow University of Washington alum...Started in goal at every age level of the U.S. national team programs and owns every major U.S. goalkeeping record...Is the most-capped and winningest goalkeeper in women’s soccer history...Did not enjoy playing goalkeeper as a child, but learned to love the position while playing college...Traveled to Thailand in November 2015 to serve as a mentor at the One Young World Summit, a gathering of some of the brightest young people from around the world, to empower them to make lasting connections and create positive change...Is a strong voice for women’s equality and participates on panels to empower women worldwide to pursue equal rights across all segments of society...Authored a best-selling autobiography in 2012 titled, “Solo: A Memoir of Hope”...Following the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup, appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated and ESPN the Magazine’s body issues...Appeared as a contestant on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars,” advancing to the final four...Served with Team Up and Grassroots Soccer at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa...Interests include playing beach volleyball, snowboarding, boating, reading and traveling.
- Three-time Olympian (2008, 2012, 2016); Two-time Olympic medalist (2 golds)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, 5th
- London 2012 Olympic Games, gold
- Beijing 2008 Olympic games, gold
- Athens 2004 Olympic Games, alternate
- Most recent: 2015 – gold
- Years of Participation: 2007, 2011, 2015
- Medals: 3 (1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze)
- Gold – 2015
- Silver – 2011
- Bronze – 2007
- Selected to the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup All-Star Team
- Two-time FIFA World Cup Golden Glove Award winner (2011, 2015)
- Won the Bronze Ball as the third-best player of the 2011 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first goalkeeper to accomplish the feat.